How Should We Maintain Water Well Rigs?
How Should We Maintain Water Well Rigs?
1. Operation and maintenance. Operators should receive training and guidance from the manufacturer before operating the machine, have a thorough understanding of the structure and performance of the drilling rig, and have certain experience in operation and maintenance. The operation and maintenance manual provided by the manufacturer is necessary for the operator to operate the equipment. Before operating the machine, you must read the operation and maintenance manual, and perform operation and maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the manual.
2. Pay attention to the workload during the break-in. The working load during the running-in period generally does not exceed 80% of the rated working load, and an appropriate working load should be arranged to prevent the machine from overheating caused by long-term continuous operation.
3. Always pay attention to the instructions for use of each instrument. If there is any abnormality, stop the machine in time to eliminate it. Stop operation before finding the cause and troubleshooting.
4. Pay attention to regularly check the level and quality of lubricating oil, hydraulic oil, coolant, brake fluid, fuel (water), and check the tightness of the whole machine. The inspection found an excessive shortage of oil and water, and the reasons need to be analyzed. At the same time, the lubrication of each lubrication point should be strengthened. During the running-in period, it is recommended to add grease at the lubrication point every shift (except for special requirements).
5. Keep the machine clean, adjust and tighten loose parts in time to prevent parts from being worn or lost due to looseness.
Test lubricant frequently
Lubricant reduces friction around any moving part. A schedule of good lubrication maintenance extends the life of the machines. You can also check for leak around the oil seals and ensure you have used the right lubricant.
Check for signs of wear
Vibration, shock, high temperature, friction and age all contribute to the breakdown of the parts in the machines.
Vibration can come from gears and belts that are out of alignment.
Shock can come from accidents or from poor operator techniques.
High temperature can come from extended use of friction, poor lubrication and worn out parts.
>> Shop for Water Well Rigs here
Keep the machines clean
There are many seals and filters in place of the machine to keep working parts clean and free of contamination. Seals should be inspected regularly to make sure they are in good condition.
Filters should be inspected and changed regularly. Breathers should be kept clean to avoid creating a vacuum in the cab which will suck contamination in the cab. Machines should be stored in the shed or other building if possible. Exposure to wind and weather can lead to rust and rot, the machine should be run periodically if not in use.
Sharpen important components
If you are using machinery that has components designed for sharpening, cutting, slicing or chopping, you need to ensure that these components maintain their sharpness. If you don’t perform routine maintenance on specific parts that need to sustain a particular sharpness, you could be putting production quality at a very high risk.
The sharpness of a machine part is important because you need to make sure that cut materials are shaped correctly and accurately. This could include checking the sharpness of tools like end bills, drill bits, lathe tools and precision cutters.
Check alignment specifications
The last thing that you want when it comes to your machine tool is to have a particular component or attachment out of alignment. This could greatly affect your work quality in a very negative way.
To determine if your machine tool is properly aligned, simply perform a few test jobs and measure the resulting parts to inspect how the equipment is currently working. If the alignment is off, you will need to realign the machine in order to maintain accurate specifications.
Have maintenance and repair schedule, and keep good records
Fluids, tires, tracks and electrical systems are among the components that have to be checked for preventive measures.
In summary, the requirements for use and maintenance of water well drilling rigs during the running-in period can be summarized as: reduce load, pay attention to the inspection, and strengthen lubrication. As long as we pay attention to and perform maintenance during the running-in period of construction machinery, we can reduce the occurrence of early failures, extend the service life, improve work efficiency, and bring you more economic benefits.
We are water well drilling suppliers. Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in our products.
Star product JK730 upgraded
Jun. 19, 2018
JK Drilling shining at BICES 2017
Jun. 04, 2018